Below is a list of known issues, please let us know if you feel something's missing from the list and we'll update the issues list as we work towards resolving them.
- It's best practice to completely remove any old version of the Arkio beta before updating or installing a new version
- If experiencing startup issues, it may help to remove the following folders to reset the app
- Models created with a version older than 0.8.0 will not open in 0.8.0 and later versions due to file format updates
When experiencing modeling issues in Arkio, you can always undo the last operation and retry what you were doing. If you have problems loading or editing a scene you worked on before you can try to retrieve a backup in file history (saved every 2 minutes)
- Shapes can jump around when using the move or edit tools if more than one guide is nearby
- Child shapes may move unexpectedly when editing the face of a parent shape
- Arkio shapes can be distorted in extreme ways which can result in inversed or spikey geometry.
- When moving or editing shapes, only the parent is checked for collision against other shapes
- Child shapes and props created on other shapes inside voids/shells may become inactive/invisible to tools if the parent shape is moved outside of the void/shell
- Possible tesselation issues resulting in some faces of shapes not being displayed correctly after certain modeling operations
- Primitive shapes can't intersect (for now)
- Section tool only works on the right hand
- Section view can't be shared with other meeting participants
- Program material mode can't be shared with other meeting participants
- Hands visible only on Oculus Rift(-s) and Quest
- The active tool and lasers may get deactivated, a restart of the app can fix this issue
- Camera view and UX doesn't update to VR mode on PC when toggling from desktop mode to VR mode if the headset isn't active - UX will refresh as soon as headset becomes active again
- Models in meetings may go out of sync between meeting participants if a modeling operation by one or more users fails or if a model becomes corrupted
- Making a duplicate of the active model by the master user will refresh the scene for all participants
- Some props may not update correctly when placed or moved in a meeting
- The Quest going to sleep (or moved outside your tracking boundary) while Arkio is still running might result in meetings going out of sync (make a duplicate of the meeting model to fix this).
- Possible connection issues when attempting to connect to a meeting after installing Arkio - a restart of the app fixes this.
- Optimization required when working with larger imported models to ensure stable framerates. We recommend to not load more than 250K polygons to avoid frame shuttering and discomfort.