Below is a list of known issues, please let us know if you feel something's missing from the list and we'll update the issues list as we work towards resolving them.
- If experiencing startup issues, it can help to completely remove any old version of Arkio before installing the new version and remove the following folders to reset the app.
When experiencing modeling issues in Arkio, you can undo the last operation and retry what you were doing. If you have problems loading or editing a scene you worked on before you can retrieve a backup in file history (saved every 2 minutes)
- Shapes can jump around when using the move or edit tools if more than one guide is nearby
- Child shapes may move unexpectedly when editing the face of a parent shape
- Arkio shapes can be distorted in extreme ways which can result in inversed or spikey geometry.
- When moving or editing shapes, only the parent is checked for collision against other shapes
- Possible tesselation issues resulting in some faces of shapes not being displayed correctly after certain modeling operations
- Primitive shapes can't intersect (for now)
- Hands visible only on Oculus Rift(-s) and Quest
- Some modeling features are missing or not working as expected in the 2D version of Arkio
- When toggling from desktop hybrid mode to VR mode the camera will not update position if the headset isn't active - UX will refresh as soon as the headset becomes active again
- If experiencing model problems in a meeting making a duplicate of the active model by the host will often fix the issue and reload the scene for all participants
- Optimization is needed when importing large models on mobile devices like the Quest. We recommend staying under 450K polygons to avoid frame shuttering and discomfort. You can turn off the shadows in settings to boost performance when larger models are needed.