When Arkio does not start in VR on Windows it's often due to the headset not being properly detected at the start of the application Please follow these steps to make sure it will start in VR mode with our supported VR hardware.
1. Make sure the headset is connected and turned on
2. Reboot your system and device software (Oculus, SteamVR, WindowsMR) and make sure only a single instance of your software is running
3. Make sure the headset is detected and works correctly for other applications
4. Disable/remove conflicting and no longer used VR software. Sometimes other headset software drivers are fighting to be the default OpenXR runtime on your device. This can cause controller/camera initialization problems in Arkio which supports most PC VR headsets.
5. Confirm your PC's default OpenXR runtime is set to your main headset runtime. A notification should show in the Oculus/SteamVR app that will help you set this correctly. You can also set this by going to the Oculus App > settings > general to put OpenXR as default for Oculus.
6. Sometimes previous headset installations change your system settings. These settings will not be restored after an uninstall/reinstall. You can find more information about manually setting your OpenXR settings for your system online or use tools to switch your active runtime.
If you are still experiencing VR startup problems after trying these steps you can contact us to see if we can help you fix the issue.